A member of
The Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) has submitted a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to the Department of Defense (DOD) and the State Department on behalf of itself and Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW) seeking the firing coordinates of weapons used in Iraq that contained depleted uranium (DU).
The decision to deploy A-10 gunships in the regional conflict against Islamic State has raised fears of the further use of depleted uranium in Iraq, and potentially in Syria.
Un atelier d’information et de débat sera organisé par Sortir du Nucléaire Rhône-Alpes jeudi 19 septembre 2014 à la Maison des Associations de Grenoble à partir de 20h.
With the referendum vote looming, we take a look at the implications of a Yes vote for the UK’s depleted uranium weapons. Whichever way it goes - it could be a headache for the MoD. #indyref
The Belgian Coalition Stop Uranium Wapens is organising a month long photo exhibition and public meeting in Leuven, Belgium.
Spiralling rates of birth defects in Iraq have been hitting the headlines for over ten years yet barely anything has been done about it. Now is the time to say enough is enough and Act4Iraq
- ICBUW Germany has a new home on the web and will be organising a number of events this autumn.1 September 2014 - ICBUW Germany
- The US Army has awarded a US$12m contract to defence contractor General Dynamics for the demilitarisation and disposal of 78,000 ageing DU tank rounds as new rounds are added to its war reserves.9 May 2014 - ICBUW
- The European Parliament has long supported a global moratorium on the use of depleted uranium weapons and with a fifth United Nations General Assembly resolution on the topic approaching this autumn, the parliament is growing increasingly vocal.12 April 2014 - Doug Weir
- The European Parliament has called on the EU's Council of Ministers to ensure that all member states support this autumn's UN General Assembly resolution on DU.9 April 2014 - ICBUW
- Wondering how your government votes on DU resolutions at the UN? Then check out this map based on EU member state positions in 2012.9 April 2014 - ICBUW
- ICBUW present on why DU needs to be resolved and possible approaches at a side event during the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons.9 April 2014 - ICBUW
- In a wide-ranging resolution on Iraq, the European Parliament has called on EU member states to develop a common position in favour of a ban on DU weapons, support affected communities and decontamination.20 March 2014 - ICBUW
- Following a global Day of Action event last November, where PAX’s Wim Zwijnenburg briefed members of the European Parliament’s Committee on Iraq, a cross party group of MEPs have submitted a question to the EU’s foreign affairs chief Cathy Ashton.14 March 2014 - ICBUW