A member of
In late September, German campaigners met in Munich to found ICBUW Germany as the global Uranium Film Festival visited the city.
Campaigners in Germany were involved in a series of events to mark the Day of Action 2013.
En Grenoble, militants de Sortir du Nucléaire Isère se sont retrouvés mercredi 6 novembre pour distribuer tracts.
Campaigners in Costa Rica are using the Day of Action to gather more support for a parliamentary motion calling on the WHo and Iraqi Ministry of Health to release the data on Iraq's rates of birth defects.
Activists from the Campaign Against Depleted Uranium are staging a mass walk-on at the Dundrennan firing range near Kirkudbright to protest at the MoD’s test firing of radioactive and toxic depleted uranium weapons into the Solway Firth.
Spiralling rates of birth defects in Iraq have been hitting the headlines for over ten years yet barely anything has been done about it. Now is the time to say enough is enough and Act4Iraq
- #Act4IraqTrust in the findings of a study into rates of congenital birth defects in Iraq, undertaken by the WHO and Iraqi Ministry of Health, has continued to decline after interventions from three former UN officials. ICBUW continues to argue that full transparency is the only way for the WHO and Iraqi Ministry of Health to rebuild the study's credibility.15 October 2013 - ICBUW
- #Act4IraqCADU and ICBUW have issued a statement on the puzzling preliminary report of the Iraqi Ministry of Heath and WHO on the prevalence of birth defects in nine Iraqi provinces and has reiterated its call for full release of all data.22 September 2013 - ICBUW
- Summer fundraising has gone well this year for CADU. With the sunny weather bringing out all those smart phone addicts, our festival phone charging gig raised a record amount. This success was topped off by winning £1,000 Lush Charity Pot funding at the Britain's Got Passion funding vote at Shambala Festival.
- A petition launched by a Fallujah paediatrician calling for the WHO and Iraqi Ministry of Health to release data held on rates of birth defects linked to the 2003 war for independent analysis has reached 14000 signatures and has been supported by the former UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Iraq.12 August 2013
- #Act4IraqBlog post examining the need for the #Act4Iraq campaign in more detail which discusses previous examples of politicisation of health research in Iraq.
- Fallujah paediatrician Dr Samira Alaani has launched a Change.org petition calling for the release of official data on rates of congenital birth defects in Iraq after repeated publication delays by the World Health Organisation and Iraqi government.31 July 2013 - Aneaka Kellay
- Campaigners, parliamentarians and local people have blocked a fresh round of DU testing at the Dundrennan range in Scotland after the MoD shelved plans for the testing necessary to extend the life of the UK’s final DU round.29 April 2013 - ICBUW